Monday, August 11, 2008

Mclaughlin Christening



The thing about any family or church experience is that it makes you miss your family and close relatives so very much. I had the priviledge and honour to be invited to some new friends special day this Sunday. Our friends, Molly and Frank Mclaughlin Christened their beautiful twins, Margaret and Colin in St. Francis Church in Bogota, New Jersey. We were fortunate to be able to be with them for most of the day and everything went off without a hitch. There were some great snacks to be had at the Mclaughlin home before moving on to the church for the ceremony. The two bundles of joy looked fantastic in their Christening Gowns and their behaviour was nothing short of exemplary. Not a squeak to be heard from either before, during or after the big event and if we can all remember back that far it can be a pretty traumatic experience for a youngen to endure!


It was all about God, love and family and the bond these things share when growing up and growing old.................I miss all my family and friends so very much back home in South Africa but please know there is not a day goes by that I don't think about you all.


All I can say is that I'm blessed to have found a partner that I can start my own life and hopefully a family with someday.

1 comment:

JCLL said...

And that is great Neef...thats all anybody that loves you could want for you...is to be happy and be made happy.