Thursday, August 7, 2008

Golfing in New Jersey



I had the pleasure to play at one of the most beautiful golf courses in New Jersey called Skyview Golf Club. It is a semi private course in Sparta, New Jersey which is about an hours drive out of New York City.


The course is beautiful and it also has some great homes situated on the golf course. Ginger and I have already made some enquiries about home prices there as it is the ideal place to live if we do stay in this area afer being married.


Back to the good stuff.......The course is a little short for my liking and also I did not have a sand wedge in the bag of clubs I hired. This coupled with the fact that I have no idea what a "yard" measures in the metric system so I hit the ball so well that I hit it over every green I approached for the first 9 holes. The course is extremely undulating but very picturesque. (See picture of me on the par 5 fifth hole)


I also had the pleasure of having Ginger with me. She not onl shared the beauty of the course but she also donned her "caddy" hat and helped me select some clubs. Te best quote I can remember her making was on the very first hole....."Honey can I kick the ball in for you?" :o) Now that brought a smile to my face!!!

I finished the round in 84 strokes which was not too bad at all considering I had no sandy and also I had never played golf here. In fact I had never even played golf in the US before :o)

I'll hopefully be plying another round somewhere before I have to go back to work and I will most certainly post some pictures.


3 comments:

JCLL said...

Ahh I love Ginger....and the pic is making you look more and more like Barry....living the good life I see...

Christiaan van "Hotspur" said...

It's the shirt I promise.....
Come January 30th next year I'm gonna be a lean and mean marriying machine

JCLL said...

WHOOO HOOO...I cant wait any longer for your wedding....I am sooooooooooo excited....